Self-Examination & Communion Registry
Examining oneself before partaking in the celebration of the Lord’s Supper includes asking yourself:
- Do I believe that I am a sinner?
- Am I truly sorry for my sins?
- Do I believe I am forgiven through the life and death of Jesus Christ?
- Do I believe that I am about to receive Jesus’ true body and true blood in with and under the bread and the wine?
- Do I desire and intend to amend my former sins and commit them no more?
By completing this form, you are are saying that you have properly examined yourself before receiving Christ’s body and blood, and are in agreement with the beliefs and teachings of Mt. Olive Lutheran Church and the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod as stated on the “What We Believe” page. We ask that visitors still speak with Pastor before coming forward to commune. (*=Required Field)
1 Corinthians 11:26-29
“For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes. Whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.”